Excited about the new piece of jewelry you've go yourself? Well, congratulations! While you have every reason to rejoice, also important is to take good care of them so that they last long. Keep reading the care instructions we have put together for you.
- Wear the jewellery after other routines like applying lotion, spray, etc
- Wipe the jewellery with a nice and clean cloth and store it in a box after every use
- Ensure you clean your jewellery often. Things like body oils, soaps, lotions, etc will make the gemstones like diamonds and moissanites become dull
- Prevent scratches and other marks on jewellery by placing them in a box. Wrapping them in tissue papers before putting them in a box is much better
- Never do household chores while wearing your jewellery
- Let them come in contact with household cleaning agents. They just corrode the jewellery
- Never expose jewelry to chlorine swimming pools or hot tubs.
Tips for Cleaning:
- Always follow the care instructions that come with your jewellery
- Find a secure place to clean your jewellery, You don't want them to be lost in bathroom drain or kitchen sink!
- Don't use hard object to clean the jewellery. Things like a soft cloth or a brush with soft bristles is advisable
- In case of diamonds and moissanites, a soft brush and mild detergent will work well
- Take professional help in case of too much soiled jewellery
- Don't expose colored gemstones to chemicals, solvents or ultrasonics without knowing their specific cleaning requirements.
Tips for Long Life:
- Always hold on to your jewellery certification
- Don't ignore the general maintenance of your jewellery. Take it to a professional once in an year for cleaning and checking the prongs and mounting
- Have white gold re-plated, platinum re-polished and prongs re-tipped as necessary to maintain original condition for every 2 years or so
- Select daily-wear jewelry that goes well with your lifestyle and daily activities